UK UNSIGNED Rules
1. The cover singers’ categories will be Under 12’s, 13 – 19 (Teens), 20 – 30 and Over 30’s
2. We accept both cover versions and original songs in the above age group categories
3. There are no age restrictions for the other categories
4. Each Vocal act (Singer, MC, Poet) shall perform one act lasting no longer than 5 minutes
5. Each comedy act will have a maximum of 5 minutes
6. Each dance act will have a maximum of 6 minutes.
7. Each band (with instruments) will perform two songs (5 mins each) or act lasting 10 minutes max.
8. Each DJ will have a maximum of 10 minutes
9. No age restriction in the singer/songwriter section but each performer must perform an original track
10. Each film entry must be no longer than 10 minutes including credits. This competition is for films made on mobile phone devices.
11. Each drama/playwright entry must be no longer than 15 minutes.
12. Each fashion designer cat walk entry must be no longer than 6 minutes.
13. Art/Design entrants will be showcased in exhibitions at the heats
14. Bollywood entrants can be either vocal or dance performances, maximum 5 minutes
15. Business entrants must submit a business plan related to the creative industry
16. The promoters competition will be judged on the best overall structure, running of a show & income generated throughour ticket sales partner Jus-tickets.co.uk.
17. When you chose a heat, we will then send details of arrival times, sound checks etc.
18. Points out of 10 will be scored on Presentation, Content, Originality, Skill Levels and Overall Performance.
19. Each category will be judged separately
20. We reserve the right to immediately disqualify performers using foul or lewd language or music.
21. Heat winners will go through to the UK UNSIGNED Semi-Finals
22. The Finals will be made up of participants within separate categories.
23. There will be £20,000 worth of prizes which includes:
- Recording Contract with What Next Productions
- Participation in the UK UNSIGNED Tour
- Performance in Kingston, Jamaica for the Song For Jamaica winner
- Showcase in Atlanta, Georgia, courtesy of MC Media Inc (USA)
- Solo Dance winner to perform at the U CAN Dance event in Antigua
- The UK UNSIGNED Trophy
24. The entry fee is non-refundable, £5 for solo acts under 12, £10 for duos & £20 per group of 3 or more.
25. Instrumental band entries are £20 per band
26. The fee for entering the film, drama and fashion section is £5
27. The fee entitles you to FREE entry into the UKUNSIGNED.org.uk web site and other associated sites.
28. There is no guest list for friends, family, managers or agents of the performers. Guests of performers may go on to a £5 guest list where they can pay £5 per ticket. Limited to 2 per person
29. Advanced tickets for each heat are £5 each, available from the SABA office. We DO welcome the public to buy tickets to watch each show.
30. To arrange a change of heat, we need a minimum notice period of 1 week.
31. You may enter as many heats as you wish, maximum of 2 categories per heat (e.g vocals & dance)
32. Recorded lead vocals must not be part of your backing music, only chorus / harmonies are accepted.
33. Submitted demos, pictures and bios will not be returned. Material may be submitted to relevant industry personnel at our discretion. We will inform you of any outcomes.
34. We do not accept responsibility for backing tracks used in the competition. All backing tracks should have the name of the contestant and the number of the performance track clearly marked.
35. Any approaches made to artists at our UK UNSIGNED shows must be through SABA.
36. Additional heats or qualifying stages, may be arranged at our discretion.
37. Finalists & winners must agree to perform at 5 showcases following the finals at SABA’s request within the next 60 months. Failure to do so will result in legal action being taken to recover the prize money.
38. SABA reserves the right to broadcast the image worldwide, and in all formats, any of the UK UNSIGNED performers of any of our shows.
39. No filming will be allowed without prior permission of SABA